Replace My Pictures and My Music shorcuts in Start Menu ~ TYroTecHs
TYroTecHs: Replace My Pictures and My Music shorcuts in Start Menu
Search Box:   

Replace My Pictures and My Music shorcuts in Start Menu

| Thursday, September 18, 2008 |

Today I came across two very good vbscripts that will customize your Start Menu.I always felt that the My Music and My Pictures shortcut in the Start Menu are useless for me because I never store anything in these two folders. But these two shortcuts were present in the start menu by default, so I was feeling helpless in this case as I wa snot finding an appropraite way to repalce them with other items.But these two VB scripts helped me solve my problem.
These scripts change the registry settings of your Start Menu.




All you have to do to customize your Start Menu is to save the two script files- replace My Pictures VB script and the replace My Music VB script by right-clicking each link on your PC, then double-click to run them. Enter the new path you want to appear in your Start Menu (even a network location, like to a shared music folder), and then you have to log off and back into your PC to see your changes.



Get upto $6.00 on Surveys! Join them here.

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment